Department/Section: Technology CT Planning & Deployment
Job Title: Transport Planning Engineer
Reports to: Transport Planning Team Leader
Accountable to the Transport Planning Team Leader in providing inputs into the design of capacity and load planning for Zain network, ensure Transport network plans and dimensions according to commercial/business requirements and Zain strategy.
- Provide Transport Network Planning such as Link design, LOS survey, MW frequency planning (using TRM planning tools), SDH & PDH MUX planning, Synchronization plan, Technology & Equipment assessment and selection, DCN Planning and plan Packet transport network firewalls, Routers & Switches to ensure the secure passage and storage of ZAIN information for both IP Access and IP Core.
- Transport NW planning and design including Fiber optic (OSP) routes planning and active transmission equipment (DWDM).
- V-SAT frequency and link planning including Hub and remote sites dimension.
- Leased line managing and control.
- Transport and access network elements Dimension based on requirements, business forecasts and operational trends includes theoretical studies, Case studies for TX NW and perform urgent plans to meet the changes in network design.
- Performing retuning & reconfiguration of MW radio frequencies.
- Perform the SDH traffic matrix for the SDH equipment.
- Maintain and carry out all nominal plans and blue prints for internal reference as well as for the planning and safety municipalities.
- Participate in technical discussion with other technical dept. in order to gather product-related information from the market to be used in the planning process during pre-tender process.
- Leading the TX Network Developments & Managing trials projects for new products & produce Trial detailed reports & Business Case Analysis.
- Develop and maintain network-planning documents (network design drawings, network information, Scope of works, Bill of quantities etc.)
- Work closely with other departments to support optimization activities and data/connectivity related discrepancies and faults.
- Input into the development contingency plans to mitigate risks/issues as the Zain network expands and the business grows.
- Involved in preparing the planning process for the workflow, weekly reports, templates, tracking database and time schedule in order to achieve company standards.
Typical Performance Measures:
- Accuracy of install-base blue print
- Consistency of install quality and reliability
- Effectiveness of site support
- Efficiency of operational readiness
- Quality of relationships with internal customers/peers/suppliers
- Effectiveness of issue resolution/decision making/change control and risk management
- Delivery of outcomes to agreed quality standards and deadlines
- Adaptability of work plans/resources in response to change
- Efficiency and effectiveness of strategic planning
- Consistency and Quality of network maintenance to reduce downtime and revenue loss
- Reports to Transport Planning Team Leader.
- Develops of coordinated plans to support the expanding demands of the network.
- Provides support activities around planned network outages and maintenance periods.
- Provision of engineering support to ensure high network availability.
- Responsible for company assets such as vehicles, IT equipment and PCs.