Department/Section: Technology Strategy and PMO
Job Title: Technology PMO Specialist
Reports to: Technology PMO Team Leader
Accountable to Technology PMO in managing and driving PMO governance and practices by leading Technology projects throughout its execution and handover to operations and change requests and enhancing this process. Managing complete PMO cycle to track projects value realization according to Zain strategic goals.
- Support in PMO functions including but not limited to tools, governance, methodology, processes, leading practice references and lessons learned experiences, to projects across all practices.
- Manage projects and track their alignment to Zain strategic objectives.
- Handle projects program process and committee to ensure end to end project delivery and value realization.
- Monitor and ensure proper and effective control of the projects is in place throughout the project lifecycle from the project planning until handover, project closure phase and Operation.
- Drive Zain Technology projects with more agile methodology to accommodate the new digital services.
- Prepare for and interact with Other Zain SD PMO teams and relevant Group committees on strategic / large projects and provide feedback and continuous update.
- Support project managers and stakeholders (e.g., Tech Planning & Dev., BU PMO, vendor(s)) and coordinate delivery within scope, timeline, and budget.
- Lead key project milestones / stage gates and conduct required preparations to facilitate necessary approvals for key technical design deliverables: HLD, LLD and key technical implementation deliverables: proposed project build, technical and business acceptance test results, deployment / go-live.
- Lead projects’ interdependencies and resolve / escalate resource conflicts when needed.
- Support and maintain the changes on existing projects such as enhancements, expansions, other scope changes
- Lead projects’ procedures and documentations – such as project initiation charters, status report templates, Incidents Reports, and risk & issue logs…etc.
- Create consistent visibility on status of strategic and other high priority projects.
- Quarterly and annual projects insights and reporting.
- Drive actions from projects performance reports based on feedback from program managers and provide feedback to projects stakeholders.
- Proactively alert and raise the expected shortfalls or delays.
- Manage all project risks and issues, activate mitigation plans as necessary, and escalate major threats to relevant stakeholders – within Technology or other BUs, to Group / Strategic Review committee, and / or to external stakeholders such as vendors and contractors.
- Maintain compliance to quality, security, risk standards, policies and procedures
- Maintain post-project reviews and follow-ups to measure project success.
- Act as the projects’ information hub and standards custodian.
- Drive Initiatives to improve PMO function and Projects Delivery.
Typical Performance Measures:
- Projects/Program Delivery.
- Annual/Quarter projects reporting and progress.
- Adoption of proven methodologies for project management and continuous improvement for projects.
- Agile projects methodology adoption.
- Effectiveness of issue resolution/decision making/change control and risk management.
- Delivery of projects outcomes to agreed quality standards and deadlines
- Reports to Technology PMO Team Leader
- Liaise and communicate with internal departments (all Technology teams in addition to Strategy, Commercial, Digital Service, Customer Care and Finance).
- Liaise and communicate with external entities (Zain Group and vendors)