Department/Section: Corporate Communication/ CS
Job Title: Corporate Sustainability Team leader
Reports to: CS Manager
To support the CS management in developing appropriate CS strategies and to identify and execute CSR projects, Follow-up with stakeholders and measure impacts
Creation and implementation of Zain Corporate Sustainability & social responsibility objectives. Assist in developing its strategy. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets in align with Zain Group and Zain SD strategic objectives.
Key accountabilities and Tasks:
- Establish, vision, policies, standards and procedures regarding the Corporate Sustainability programs.
- Provide guidance, leadership in the planning and implementation of the company's CS and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Oversee distribution, collection and process of Applications for CS project and follow up with CS manager on required actions.
- Follow-up with related department and provide the needed reports
- Review and revise sustainability policies.. and work with commercial, finance and HR department in the development of Product for PWD, company waste management, and staff CS activities
- Develop reports and presentations as requested by management and group sustainability
- Work with the Media communication teams and other departments to realize the vision, mission and goals of Zain.
- Monitor or track sustainability indicators for CSR projects and company related activities such as energy usage.
- Monitor, manage and distribute market insights from stakeholders networks and other key sources
- Provide administrative and coordination activities that assist the corporate communication department to manage successfully the relationship with the Media in relevant issues and journalists in particular, to ensure positive perception of company image and reputation.
- Assist in deciding the direction, approach and focus areas of the CSR activities.
- Insure compliance with all applicable policies and regular requirements on information security.
- Conduct required research on community satisfaction, reach, and return on investment, shared value….in coordination with market research and customer experience teams.
- In coordination with communications teams - mange Internal and External communications.
- Continuously Communicate with CSR Committee members, community representatives, dignitaries, and development Organizations.
- Manage internet and social media platforms and messaging for sustainability in coordination with social media team.
- Communicate with group the required reports.
- Supervise and follow up sustainability report with other departments and insure accurate information delivery.
- Measures the CSR project output and impact and assist in developing measurement formulas.
- Follow-up the development in project implementation and execution.
- Identify the critical success factors for implementation of CSR projects.
- Develop and establish suitable program monitoring frame work.
- Governance projects being developed are in alignment with overall CSR projects objectives.
- Ensure the continued availability of projects implementation requirements.
- Present program updates to senior management team and other internal and external stakeholders
- Define, document, and communicate the team’s objectives, direct staff on tasks, eliminate productivity barriers, and promote collaboration.
- Strong knowledge on operations/service delivery and ability to manage critical situations with minimum supervision.
- Identify/create business opportunities related CSR and sustainability projects relevant to telecom market and best practices.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key partners and stakeholders within client team to ensure successful execution and delivery of strategic initiatives.
- Direct the management and implementation of multiple large and complex projects and internal cross-functional technical projects
- To be fully accountable for the quality, accuracy timeliness and effectiveness of reports and KPI’s.
- Contribute in the effective management, motivation and development of the team resources by liaising closely with the key line management, personnel and other relevant parties to ensure problems/ issues are identified and resolve or apparently escalated at an earlier stage.
- Integrate sustainability commitment and outcomes into related marketing initiatives internally with category and brand managers, as well as externally with customers and NGOs.
- Supervise and coach the team members and set their yearly target and conduct the performance review (SMART-I’s) on regular basis.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable policies & regulatory requirements in information security.
Typical Performance Measures:
- 3 - 4 years of progressive relevant experience
- Department Efficiency, delivering best of initiatives and projects.
- Effectiveness in leading the CSR team towards best community projects delivery /decision making/innovation management.
- Delivery of projects to community according to agreed quality standards.
- Compliment with policies and company set strategy.
- Team work and resource management skills to meet the department targets.
- Capable of managing team, partners and stakeholders.
- Coordinated plans to support the expanding demands of community.
- Coordinate with corporate communication teams for implementation and communication plans.
- Coordination with different internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for company assets such as vehicles, IT equipment and PC’s.
- Leading coaching team in alignment with Zain HR leadership strategy.