Department/Section: Access Operation / CT Operation
Job Title: Transport Operation Engineer
Reports to: Transport Operation Team Leader
Accountable to the Transport Operation Team Leader in providing input into the design of capacity and load planning for Zain transmission network and for ensuring maintenance and inspection work is conducted in line with recognised Engineering practices as well as manufacturers and Zain recommended procedures ,and strategies of Zain Network .
1. Proactive moninatering and management of all ZAIN Transport network such as SDH, DWDM, IP, PDH, Ethernet, DCN, MPLS L2 & L3, Microwave, Fibre Optic Transport network.
2. Monitor MS Transport team Performance of all Alarm correlation and suppression execution of basic recovery actions. Definition of corrective actions for the trouble ticket assignment and escalation to advanced level.
2. Monitor and follow MS transport team Execution of Cross Connection Provisioning circuit management and configuration VPN L2, L3, and PSW TDM & Ethernet.
3. Operation & Maintenance of multi vendors Transport Equipment’s and management systems such as (TN R4, Tellabs, Marconi, hiT, OMS, OSN, IPTNMS, SOEM, U2000,).
4. Produce regular KPI’s Report for the whole Transport Network & Equipment’s.
Fault analysis to be compare with SLA and statistics reporting to achieve SLA Target with MS team.
6. Manage, Control, and Evaluate MS transport Team Activities, performance and Support Mechanism as per agreed SLAs.
7. Meeting the settled availability targets and other network KPI’s according to the ZAIN network KPI’s dashboard. Fault analysis and statistics reporting.
8. Supporting MS transport team and Handling issue, of all assigned troubleshooting tickets from business partner such (Sudatel, Cañar.).
9. Acceptance, Follow up the configuration regarding ZAIN needs and testing of new Transport systems.
10. Improving and maintaining network KPIs through Daily check of network performance and quality statistics monitoring to identify performance problems and act accordingly.
11. Responsible for optimization the Transport network covering the whole ZAIN-SD national wide. And provide support to all business function that utilizes the transmission core access and junction network to carry their traffic.
12. Generate different report for Network performance growth and capacity.
13 Provide necessary support towards proper integration of new backbone, access and leased links and maintain MUXes and ADM in Multi-Vender environment.
14 Conduct periodic health checks
- Report to Transport operation team leader.
- Control and Manage MS team in Scope of Transport Network.
- Responsible for the company assets such as test equipments / vehicles & PCs
- Provide support and follow up activities for internal and external customers IT, Radio, Core,