Department/Section: Technology Development, Applications & Digital Services Development
Job Title: Digital Services Development Specialist
Reports to: Digital Services Development Team Leader
Job Purpose: Manage the Analysis, design, implementation, configuration of Digital Services in alignment to the business demand, technology architecture and roadmap
Perform hands-on solution design, solution architectures, architecture road maps, prototyping, and proof-of-concepts in support of current and new service designs following SOA and Micro services practices.
1. Manage the analysis, design (High Level and Low Level Design), Implementation and ensure alignment with concerned parties of projects of all Digital Services.
2. Analyze business requests and translate into technical requirements.
3. Forecast business demand based on development pipeline and update capacity management.
4. Investigate and resolve application issues and provide support and troubleshooting.
5. Develop virtual channels (e.g., Corporate Website, and Kiosks), mobility channels (e.g., Mobile Application on the heterogeneous eco-systems such as iOS, Android, etc.) e-Payment and e-SDP applications detailed plans, cross-functional business-processes.
6. Integrate e-Channels, among channels or with backend systems such as integration layer.
7. Develop the technical requirements and changes for Digital Services based on business input.
8. Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including design documents, technical implementation documents, operation docs, user guide, etc.
9. Manage release packages and deployment processes and procedures.
10. Manage integration of service providers (OTT) systems into abstraction layer (through SDPs or integration layer if available).
11. Manage integration projects requirements.
12. Train end users on the implemented applications.
13. Assists in the new software implementation which includes gathering the business requirements, verifying and validating that the application or Solution delivered to meets the business requirements and processes.
14. Provide third line support on existing in-house Digital Services applications & Solutions which includes troubleshooting application issues, and deploying the fix to the users.
15. Test the implemented solutions, and guide the user-acceptance testing.
16. Drive continuous improvements.
17. Ensure compliance with all applicable policies & regular requirements on Information Security.
18. Ensuring design and development is in compliance with integrations and service design standards, processes and policies
19. Technical management of outsourced software development activities.
20. Coordinate the go live & Handover to Operations Activities of the Digital Services & Products
21. Design and implement Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), ESB and other fulfillment applications Develop reusable services to be integrated in billing/charging, services platforms and OSS
22. Manage and develop mediation stream codes “APIs“ for Digital-Services.
23. Participate in the development of RFP scopes/specifications/response assessment in alignment with vendor management.
24. Promoting best practices in design and development of systems
25. Contribute to and implement standards and changes to systems and processes
26. Ensuring design and development is in compliance with enterprise standards, processes and policies
27. Assess and document the architecture of existing subsystems
28. Develop and maintain road-map that delivers the solution architecture
29. Govern the implementation through collaboration with team-level architects and component owners to drive a unified design.
30. Work closely with product and scrum teams to manage team-level projects
31. Govern the implementation through collaboration with team-level architects and component owners to drive a unified design.
Typical Performance Measures
Effectiveness of high availability of the developed applications.
Effectiveness in maintaining and improving accuracy of the developed applications.
Quality of relationships with internal customers/peers/suppliers.
Effectiveness of issue resolution/decision making/change control and risk management.
Delivery of outcomes to agreed quality standards and deadlines.
Adaptability of work plans/resources in response to change.
Consistency and Quality of the applications maintenance to reduce equipment downtime.
Reports to Digital Services Development Team Leader.
Accountable for ensuring that developed services work according to the business plan.
Work closely with Business teams, Technology Strategy, PMO and Operations team.
Accountable for Digital services development.
Adhering to ITIL Processes & Best Practices.
What Do You Need to Qualify
Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Related discipline.
Minimum 2 years of experience in related field.
Experience on development using Java, Spring Framework & Spring Boot.
Good understanding of Object Oriented Design & Software Architectural
Experience on Mobile app development is an advantage.
Knowledge and experience of RDBMS.
Knowledge and experience on Linux and Windows OS.
Strong communication skills.
Strong presentation Skills.
Ability to interpret and apply best practice methods/processes.
Excellent numeracy and analytical skills.
Management of external suppliers and software/hardware vendors.
Conflict handling and resolution skills.
Highly developed communication and reporting skills (verbal and written) in English &Arabic
Ability to impart knowledge to others in a 1-2-1 and 1-2-many environment.
Key Behaviors for Success
Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving.
Concern for Standards/Efficiency.
Tenacity, Resilience and Self-Management.