Zain Job Description
Department/Section: Technology Development/ Applications & Digital Services Development
Job Title: Applications QA & Testing Specialist
Reports to: Applications QA & Testing Team Leader
Effectively and efficiently accountable for Applications & Digital Services QA & Testing of all the department outputs and business support systems
Key Tasks /Accountabilities
1. Accountable for writing and executing both manual and automated test cases for IT new applications & Digital services.
2. Responsible for test design and risk based testing.
3. Ensure tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated.
4. Participate in the upgrade of Applications releases that are required to keep the business systems up to date and to minimize the risk of de-stabilising the business.
5. Develop, implement, communicate and maintain a quality plan to bring the system quality and policies into compliance with the quality system requirements.
6. Directs quality initiatives by requiring adherence to quality assurance policies and procedures, developing new models and implementing changes.
7. Ensure the running services are not affected by new launched services and products or activities.
8. Analysing use cases & requirements for validity and feasibility.
9. Collaborate closely with other team members and departments.
10. Execute all levels of testing (System, Integration, Stress and Regression).
11. Design and develop automation scripts when needed.
12. Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies.
13. Provide timely solutions.
14. Apply quality engineering principals throughout the agile product lifecycle.
15. Evaluate product code according to specifications.
16. Create logs to document testing phases and defects.
17. Report bugs and errors to development teams.
18. Help troubleshoot issues.
19. Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing.
20. Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
21. Ensuring design and development is in compliance with enterprise standards, processes and policies.
22. Ensure compliance with all applicable policies & regular requirements on Information Security.
What Do You Need to Qualify
Typical Performance Measures:
Effectiveness of high quality of Zain Applications & Digital Services.
Effectiveness in maintaining and improving accuracy for Department services.
Quality of relationships with internal customers/peers/suppliers
Effectiveness of issue resolution/decision making/change control and risk management
Delivery of outcomes to agreed quality standards and deadlines
Adaptability of work plans/resources in response to change
Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Related Discipline.
Minimum 2 years experience in related field.
Software testing Certification is advantage
Experience in communication and presentation skills using English language.
Knowledge and experience of RDBMS.
Knowledge and experience of Windows, Linux and Solaris OS.
Knowledge and experience in SDLC, XML, JSON, Java, PHP.
Experience in REST & SOAP web Services.
Knowledge and experience of Shell scripting is advantage.
Experience with object-oriented software development methodologies and practices.
Web based & Mobile application development knowledge is advantage.
Knowledge of Tools for Software Test Automation is advantage.
Knowledge of IT Infrastructure is advantage
Experience in n-tier, layered, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and MVC architecture.
Broad understanding of the Mobile Telecomm industry.
Good understanding of the Sudan market and Zain strategy.
Good understanding of best practice in Change, Release & Deployment Management processes and methodologies.
Excellent understanding of business processes, fraud management and business rules.
Understanding of the relevant regulatory, legal and other contextual factors impacting on the successful operation of Applications & Services
Understanding of GSM mobile operations, products and services
3 | P a g e
Strong communication skills.
Strong presentation Skills.
Ability to interpret and apply best practice methods/processes
Excellent numeracy and analytical skills
Management of external suppliers and software/hardware vendors
Conflict handling and resolution skills
Highly developed communication and reporting skills (verbal and written) in both Arabic and English
Ability to impart knowledge to others in a 1-2-1 and 1-2-many environment
Key Behaviours for Success:
Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
Concern for Standards/Efficiency
Tenacity, Resilience and Self Management