In 1994, Zain revolutionized telecommunications in Jordan by introducing GSM mobile services into the country. The operator quickly became the foremost telecom company in Jordan, a position that it has maintained to this day, serving over 3.8 million customers as of 31 March 2018, reflecting a 36% market share. The operation offers 100% population coverage through its 3G-enabled network that is supported by a total of 2,813 sites. Through constant development of the telecommunications infrastructure and proactive marketing initiatives, Zain remains committed to offering customers in Jordan the most dynamic products and services. The foundation of Zain Jordan’s achievements lies in the company’s ability to inspire its employees to deliver the best and most imaginative services at every level. With an energetic and inspired Jordanian workforce, the company is committed to employing high caliber people as well as nurturing the finest Jordanian talent. With a strong HR and training program that develops and nurtures leaders in the workplace, the company has consistently opened new doors for its dedicated staff. For more on Zain Jordan please visit www.jo.zain.com
Performing all Accounts Payable activities in Zain, including receiving invoices, processing invoices for payment, daily reconciliations…etc. While generating related reports, all in compliance with and adherence to the International Standards and Zain’s financial and accounting policies and procedures.
You will be responsible for :-
- Preparing various financial reports, financial statements and balance sheets including income and loss statements, tax computations and returns, cost accounting reports, account reconciliation…etc. on a daily, monthly, quarterly and annually basis, and maintaining related documents according to the set policies and procedures.
- Collecting information and preparing general ledger accounts, journal entries, as well as documenting monetary transactions accordingly
- Processing Accounts Payable transactions and ensuring they are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Reviewing and validating vendors/ suppliers accounts, resolving any inconsistencies upon balances or reconciliations, and taking necessary actions accordingly.
- Recording all transactions such as petty cash, checks, credit cards, income tax payments on database management systems (e.g. Oracle) for future references.
- Handling of income and social tax payments as well as preparing related statements for the department of income and sales tax.
- Communicating with external parties such as auditors, actuaries, bankers…etc. as well as responding to vendors’ inquiries, negotiating terms and reconciling their statements.
- Developing and maintaining a financial data base for all financial statements, records and documents
- Performing other duties related to the job as assigned by the direct supervisor