- The Database Administrator is responsible for maintaining database servers and applications. He/she is in charge of providing support to all System Development & Operation staff, by offering adequate access, data space, and processing power for their daily work.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and establish database backup and recovery procedures.
- Establish database startup and shutdown procedures.
- Manage and examine database security and access control.
- Maintain database and table space allocation, and forecast future growth.
- Install database new releases and upgrades.
- Develop SQL utilities to support applications.
- Perform database fine tuning and optimize data access.
- Plan archiving of historical data.
- Perform Database analysis and capacity planning.
- Document database maintenance procedures.
- Handle users database items.
Competencies & Qualifications:
- University Degree in Computer science, Computer Engineering or Equivalent
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience in Database administration
- Very good knowledge of MS Office Applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc
- Database knowledge (ORACLE, SQL Server, NSK/SQL (+)), SQL, PL/SQL, C Programming, Shell or batch language, TCP/IP
- Knowledge of English and Arabic
- Problem solving skills, planning and organizing skills
- Good technical knowledge in technology methodologies, design, and implementation
- Able to handle, prioritize, multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to operate in a performance driven organisation
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV