Executes the talent review and succession planning/career pathing processes across the organization:
- In consultation with the L & D Manager and Line managers identifies the critical roles and turnover risks associated with the same and put in place selection and development criteria that will support the retention strategy.
- Develops customized Management Development Programs for the High Potentials to bridge the skills gaps and competencies so that they prepared for bigger management responsibilities.
- Ensure effective on boarding process that will assist the new employees understand their role a head of placement into the job.
- Ensure clarity of roles and effective application of Performance Dialogue by line managers in order to meet the Organizational goals.
- Ensure and Executes the annual talent review exercise in consultation with the Learning and Development Manager
- Generates and implements development plans for High Potentials, Underperformers and other staff and ensures implementation of appropriate development program
- Executes the succession planning process and ensures that it meets both current and future organizational staffing requirements and are backed up with appropriate L&D programmes.
- Puts in place clear career paths for all employees and ensures that these link to the succession and development plans.
Ensure clarity of technical skills/ competence and experience required for the various levels and movement from one level to the other.
Implement leadership development programmes/activities aimed at promoting leadership effectiveness:
- Conducts comprehensive ‘leadership gaps' assessment and generates training and development plans that address such gaps.
- Indentifies appropriate trainers/training institutions and handles the logistics that are required to help bring such providers on board.
- Develops training materials/programs and facilitates as needed, and respond to internal clients in a timely manner.
- Manages the Leadership Development programmes, including the "leader led" training curriculum for leadership
Implements organization improvement and performance excellence programmes:
- Coordinates the objective setting exercise and ensure that these reflect the business objectives and are completed by 31st January every year.
- Oversees the mid year and annual performance dialogue exercise and ensures that it is completed by 31st Jan every year and follows up on required actions.
- Implements culture change activities, working in close liaison with the divisions.
- Conducts employee surveys, identifies areas of concern and presents reports to management for action.
Drive the personal development plan (PDP) process so as to ensure that employee skills gaps are identified, prioritised and addressed promptly and optimally:
- Facilitates the use of individual development plans to ensure that employee potential is identified, plans are put in place to ensure that such potential is actualised, by offering training and hands on support as required.
- Analyzes the outcomes of the performance management process and identifies skills gaps to be addressed through skills upgrading programmes.
- Develops, monitors and updates overall development plans to bridge gaps between desired and present skills/competencies.
- Works closely with departmental representatives / staff to identify and execute development and learning programs
Plans training activities and ensures that they are delivered in an efficient manner that ensures quality outcomes and value for money:
- Develops an annual training and development plan, including the calendar and budget.
- In consultation with key stakeholders, prioritises learning needs.
- Compiles a catalogue of approved training suppliers and shares with department heads for information.
- Compiles and publishes the training calendar and produce facilitation plans for each scheduled training event.
- Develops training modules and materials through research and in liaison with the departments concerned.
- Delivers training programs & provides learner support where necessary
- Obtains feedback from learners and managers on the quality and impact of executed training programmes and prepares training evaluation and assessment reports.
- Maintains records of all training activities.
- Plans and runs induction programmes for and administers the 30, 60, 90 evaluation sessions.
- Organises and executes the graduate management and internship programmes so as to ensure a consistent supply of first class future management talent.
- Builds credibility with business partners by delivering learning solutions that meet their needs and yield outstanding results.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with business unit leaders and peers.
- Uses collaborative approach to developing solutions and programs, exercising appropriate influence for desired outcomes as needed.
Provides administrative support to learning and development programmes:
- Manages training resources i.e. equipment, the learning centre and related logistics.
- Ensures compliance with the DIT regulations, including the payment of levies and claiming of due reimbursements.
- HR projects -might be a called upon from time to time to manage, drive, assist in various HR projects